Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Steve Cabana Presents Vol. 2: Brian Eno and David Byrne - My Life In the Bush of Ghosts

bloggingfromjail Music correspondent Steve Cabana reviews a variety of records from around the world, often on recommendation from a music-loving friend.



I got on the web and looked up some stuff about this one, because I just don't get what the fuck is going on in any of these records, and the douche-bag who wrote the review for it wrote: "The aural terror within this release graces the eardrums in much the same way plaster of paris numbly nudges the olfactory receptors." Huh? I had high marks in all my English classes, so I understand every word in that bullshit sentence; that isn't the problem. I mean, I use the word "misanthropy" in one of these reviews, for the sake of fuck. Plus that was a semicolon back there, and it was used flawlessly.

I'm gonna go ahead and write my own take on this "record," and maybe I can get paid to be on the web, too: When I was like 13, I used to think italics was pronounced "Idduh-licks," and I said it out loud in front of the class and everybody laughed, especially the smart, kind of ugly but theoretically fuckable girl who sat next to me. She looked at me and said, "It's pronounced 'eyetallicks,' stupid." The way I felt then is pretty much how I feel while I'm listening to this right now.

If you would like to send a record for Steve to review, contact the editor at agustin-mojica@gmail.com.

No comments: